Can I claim?
The CICA decide to make compensation awards by following a set of rules known as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. The CICA scheme sets out the conditions which must be met before a victim of crime will be considered eligible for compensation. You could be eligible to claim if:
- The incident was reported to the police without any delay. Any delay could result in rejection of a claim by the CICA;
- Your injuries meet the minimum award of £1,000;
- The incident happened within the last two years. (There are special circumstances where you may still be able to claim from the CICA if the incident happened more than two years ago);
- The incident occurred within England, Wales or Scotland.
If you have been injured as a result of criminal behaviour and want to take advantage of the CICA scheme then get in touch with us at CICA UK right away. The longer it is left the more difficult it could be in the future.
How much can I claim?
If you are considered eligible to receive compensation for your injuries from the CICA, there is a set tariff of awards that are available depending on the type of injuries you have sustained. Examples of some of the awards available include:
- £3,500 Fractured Jaw
- £27,000 Loss of an Eye
- £1,500 Loss of a Tooth
- £1,000 Fractured Tibia
- £11,000 Scarring
More specific details on how much compensation you can get can be found on our CICA scheme page.
What we do for you:
- We provide a fast and efficient service with no complication and no hassle.
- We handle the case as sensitively as possible so you need not suffer any more needless trauma
- We liaise and make CICA contact which takes a lot of the pain and stress away
- We guarantee a high quality service, all our Solicitors have many years experience claiming from the CICA
- Work tirelessly to make sure we get the highest amount of compensation as possible
- Help gain justice for the pain caused to you